Wednesday

I will prevail

I fight you, my foe, each day, but you will never win
For in the end I will prevail
Like an outstretched fist you grasp my every tissue
Bit by bit, you tear each one, rejoicing in my pain
You hold me locked in your bastion of hurt
Tied to the slab of torture
Each turn of the screw drives me into a new degree of anguish
Oh, pain why do you haunt me so?
Each day I try to escape from the hold you have over me
But your grip and clasp hold my body like a spider holds its prey
Must I endure your power over me for ever? Will I ever be free?
Or do I go to my grave with you still clinging to my every fibre
Oh, pain why do you haunt me so?
I fight tirelessly with the wounds you inflict upon me
Until I am free, for free I will be, I too am resolute with dark hopes
For to give in to your
unending torment, is to lay beside the hand of death

No comments: