Wednesday


If I were a flea just imagine how tiny my little finger would be if I were a flea
But If I were a seagull, would it be illegal, to lie and pretend I were an eagle

Could I be a monkey or maybe an ape just think how much it would thrill her if I were a gorilla
It would be nice to be a block of ice floating on an arctic sea
But what with global warming sending out a warning
I would soon melt and become part of the sea
And I don't think that's really me

I just wanted to be something you could rely on
So, a tiger is out and so is a lion
Cos I would just as soon eat you rather than greet you
With a smile just like a Hawaiian

For a while, I thought I could be a crocodile but on second thoughts it was just not my style
And I ruled out being a dog or for that fact a small hedgehog and in no way could I be a frog
But what if I got into the habit of being a rabbit and spend all my life feeding and breeding

A bat, a gnat, a chitchat
A cat a wombat or bees I couldn’t be bothered with any of these,
but a piece of cheese would be a breeze
But the thing is I am just a mere man
 a spec in the universe

and that is all I am

No comments: