Thursday

A Christmas Poem

And now it's time to think of Christmas, and all that that entails,
With excited children, lots of presents, carols and winter tales.
And if it snows and robins fly, then all will be so fine
Lots of food with nuts and fruit and drinks of hot mulled wine

We’ll decorate the Christmas tree and hang up pretty things
And sing of shepherds, angels on high, manger's
 and The Three Kings
I’ll put up Holly around the house, not forgetting the mistletoe
Light up a welcoming roaring fire and listen to the North wind blow,
So soon comes Christmas eventide, small children are put to bed
And later we’ll climb the creaking stairs, shoes off, and softly tread
But first the presents around the tree now everything is set
I’ll sit and read my bank account and wonder about my debt,
Not only that, my credit card is busting at the seams
While innocent ones sleep peacefully indulging in their dreams.

So now it's Christmas day at last, the children are awake
The turkeys in, the cake is made, there’s nothing more to bake.
Let’s celebrate the birth of Christ on this cold winters day
I wish all dreams you have come true and send happiness your way.

No comments: