Thursday

Getting old

I got an ache in my hip and a pain in my knee
My fingers are all bony and it's killing me
I have an ache in my side and an ache in my head
I might just as well stay right home in my bed

I have cramp in my leg and my big toe is throbbing
My eyes are so sore with all of my sobbing
My wrist is so weak and my fingers can't grip 
I even have problems with the doing up my zip

Am I getting old? Am I getting all past it? 
I can't pull the birds I might just as well quit
Don't look at my belly and never see me bare
Now I am beginning to lose all of my hair 

The years float on by Ain't it great getting old 
Ain't it great wearing glasses ain't it great feeling cold
I'm a little bit deaf and my eyesight is weak
And I always now seem to wake wanting a leak

But I have all of my senses and am still able to write
And I really don't mind wearing specs for my sight
I know I now need a stick to help me to walk
But I can still play with the gadgets I have bought

No comments: