Wednesday

The Quarrel.

She waits with baited anticipation in her world of sorrow
They had squabbled the night before, and to her it was just a silly tiff
But he had taken it to heart, what was it she said that had upset him so?

He was due to call on her about this time as arranged, but she had been waiting
It seems forever, and slowly she became to realize that whatever it was had hurt him
She never meant to hurt him, after all, all lovers quarrel, was he being misunderstood?
She thought she knew him, with all his qualms and ways

Why did she allow herself to fall so deeply in love with him, suddenly she heard a step outside
The door opened and there he stood, a little boy look on his face “I’m sorry darling”  he said
“Please forgive me”

She looked up and smiled, “Forgive you for what?” She said, with one bound he was by her side, her flimsy
Nightgown fell to her side as he took her in his arms, “I will never let you go my darling; I want to be with you forever.”

No comments: