Wednesday

Pirates Gold

 This chest I did win in a game with the dice
Against an old haggard sea dog one night
On the deck of an old pirates vessel
Neath the stream of the yellow moonlight

Inside was a map and an old parchment scroll
With a message, I shall now foretell
So gather round me hearty's and pin back your ears
For the words, I shall whisper not yell

Whosoever finds this map?
Will, if they follow with a care
Be rich beyond any dreams you may hold
On this I declare.
You will need strength and some cunning
It's not for the weak but the bold

Before you are dangers of many sorts
For take heed, you will not be alone
To seek all my treasures of loot and plunder
Many have died just to own
With diamonds and pearls fit for any crown, that sit upon a throne
On an island off the coast of Africa, quite close to Sierra Leone

There are those who would murder to lay their hands
Upon all my gems and my gold
So beware my lovelies never say
That you were never told

I have placed a cross where the riches lay
But my friends you must take heed,
There are many perils to overcome
Before you fill your greed

Be sure to be many, as many will die,
On your journey to discover my treasures
Take women and rum along with you to
But remember be sparing with pleasures

For you will need all your cunning and stealth,
Before your hot grasping hands
Can open the door and look upon
All of my worldly wealth

I have written this scroll as I prepare for my death
For I am old and close to finishing my days
So follow my map and let you be led
And I promise you will be amazed

So I gathered a crew of assorted roughnecks
To sail upon the high seas
A scurvy lot to behold as they stood on the decks
With their beards blowing free in the breeze

We sailed for many a month, but I would never let on
Where we were heading or why we were sailing
For I held safe to my chest that map that I held
And the treasure that I was a-trailing

At last the cry of "land ahoy" was heard
As an Island in sight we beheld
I rowed with a party of trustworthy men
It was gold in our nostrils we smelled

We followed the map to the place where the cross
Marked a patch on the ground where we dug
To discover a chest overflowing with gold
And a picture of a pirates mug

So you see my fine friends if you ever play dice
With an old sailor on board of his boat
You might just win a map marked up with a cross
And then maybe your the one that's afloat

No comments: