Wednesday

The things I would do

 I would travel a thousand miles
Or walk the British Isles
Just to touch or hold your hand
I'd hire the talents of Einstein to make you understand

I would sell my mother if it was the only way
Or rob a high street bank
Persuade the French to take back the Franc
Just to give you a rosy bouquet

I would fight a champion boxer or drive a racing car
Skydive without a parachute Just to be where you are
I would run a hundred marathons or swim the largest sea
Become the king of China to make you and me a reality

I would live with the Tigers in a zoo
Or make the pope convert to a Jew
I would give a sermon from a pew
I would sleep the night naked in an igloo
Or lay in a bath of Irish stew

Perch with the doves and bill and coo
Stand by your side and say- “I do”
Work on a cure for the cold or the flu
Change the sky to a different hue

Teach an oyster how to chew
I would stick with you stronger than glue
Learn to dance the bogaloo
I would dye my hair the colour blue
Or any other part of me too

I would stand on my head the whole night through
I would traverse the Atlantic in a paper canoe
I would do just anything, O, if only you knew
Just to prove how truly, deeply, madly
I – love - you.



No comments: